I'm a Hijab Designer, and These Are My Go-To Tricks for Styling Modest Outfits

 


When I first started wearing a hijab, I was almost permanently attached to my black scarf, choosing to wear it over every outfit. There weren't many fashionable options that suited my taste on the market yet, so I often felt restricted with my creative level when it came to styling, and resorted to black as it was easy. I loved wearing my hijab, but never felt comfortable in a scarf—it was always too thick, too slippery, or it was ruined after one wash.

That all changed when I found Vela Scarves, a hijab brand based in California founded by Marwa Atik and her sister, Tasneem Atik. Vela designs and makes all scarves in-house, and they first caught my eye with their unique designs that featured prints and additional touches like zippers or ruffles. Marwa eventually moved towards the array of colors you see today, and within the past few years, I  started spotting a plethora of girls wearing Vela and found girls on social media beginning to experiment more with colors and layering in their looks. And 99% of the time, they were wearing Vela. Read more click

I'm a Hijab Designer, and These Are My Go-To Tricks for Styling Modest Outfits I'm a Hijab Designer, and These Are My Go-To Tricks for Styling Modest Outfits Reviewed by abdul motaleb on November 11, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.